Share | 

Music that takes you on a mental journey

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joshua
Mod. / Administrator (ΡΡ)

Number of posts : 1982
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Music that takes you on a mental journey   Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:23 pm

Anyone else ever experience this with listening to music? Certain songs, and or albums especially will do this. I find that I will sometimes just get lost in these deep mental journeys within. Some of the bands that have this effect on me with their music include, Radiohead, Tool, Pink Floyd, Dave Matthews Band as well as Reggae Music and other World Music. Any similar experices with this with any type of music?
Back to top Go down
Kittyboy
Writer or Creator (ΡΡΡ)

Number of posts : 3573
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Music that takes you on a mental journey   Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:53 pm

Songs that I associate with certain times of my life or strong emotions, like Wilder Wein and some of the Reise Reise album of Rammstein, Encore by Eminem, "My December" by Linkin Park (probably the only song I like by them) and other things... give me very specific emotions usually.

Shpongle does a good job of a general mind trip for me though.

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2010-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Music that takes you on a mental journey   Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:44 am

I get that with almost anything I hear I think I just associate all the memories and relate everything to each other in my life. The music you've sent me has done that to me..makes me feel like cyclops
but yeahhh ...those things are fun
Back to top Go down
Joshua

PostSubject: Re: Music that takes you on a mental journey   Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:45 am

Yeah they are
Back to top Go down
Skyee

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2011-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Music that takes you on a mental journey   Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:33 pm

Yeah... there are a lot of songs that take me to the past. <3 special memories. Above & Beyond has a song that makes me think of all the good times... when things were simple.

Writer or Creator (ΡΡΡ)

Number of posts : 3378
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Music that takes you on a mental journey   Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:32 am

Songs that make feel young when things were simple actually kind of depress me. I had it rough growing up so that song "Above and Beyond" makes me sad, almost to a tear. Where as a song that has the meaning of I'm gonna get out of this shithole and rise to the top, enlightens me. If that makes any sense. Pink Floyd, I used to drop a lot, a lot, of fucking acid back in the day and those songs speak to me on weird levels, my favorite being "Wish you were here" because that speaks to me on two levels. I love the Doors for being real in your face, I'm gonna get fuckered and your not going to stop me. I don't know I have a lot of feelings toward music, I even like some that has no meaning, guilty pleasure songs if you will.

PostSubject: Re: Music that takes you on a mental journey   Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:06 pm

wow, i must have been really high when i started this topic..
Back to top Go down
Kittyboy
Writer or Creator (ΡΡΡ)

PostSubject: Re: Music that takes you on a mental journey   Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:33 am

rofl

PostSubject: Re: Music that takes you on a mental journey   Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:15 am

Yeah you did.

PostSubject: Re: Music that takes you on a mental journey   

Back to top Go down

Music that takes you on a mental journey
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1